Harvest Moon Run 5K
October 2, 2020
7:00 PM - 7:00 PM
This year’s Harvest Moon Run will be contested at the 5K distance only. This decision is made with intention to keep all aspects of the race as simple as possible due to COVID-19 pandemic.
We will be using chip timing and a possible rolling start to compliment Social Distancing requirements.
The Harvest Moon Run will be run at the SMITH RIVER SPORTS COMPLEX. Parking, pre-race and post-race activities will take place at Amphitheater and Festival Grounds near boat ramp.
Race will start and finish on boat ramp/amphitheater access road near driving range. Click on Course Map icon for full course details
Several COVID-19 procedures are required in conjunction with the state’s Phase 3 guidelines. Friends, family and fans are welcome at the Harvest Moon Run. Please note that non-runners are requested to wear face masks and to maintain appropriate 6 foot Social Distancing at all event activities.
· Runners are requested to wear face masks and to maintain appropriate 6 foot Social Distancing during pre-race and post-race activities.
· Miles in Martinsville will provide post-race refreshments consisting of water and sports drinks only. Beer will be available for purchase from Mountain Valley Brewing.
· ONLINE REGISTRATION STRONGLY REQUESTED. Deadline Midnight, September 29, 2020. Paper registrations will be accepted but must be submitted to YMCA by September 29. NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION.
· Packet pick-up will take place Friday, October 2 at YMCA from Noon – 4:00 PM and at SMITH RIVER SPORTS COMPLEX Amphitheater 5:00-6:30 PM.
· Volunteers will wear masks and gloves. You are requested to wear face mask when picking up your packet. ** Packets can only be picked up by registered runner ** and Minors must be present. Prior to being given your packet, you will be required to sign a COVID-19 acknowledgement and waiver form. Parents or guardians my sign for minors. A volunteer will also take your temperature using no contact thermometer. Registrants with temperature reading of 100.4 F or higher will not be given packet or allowed to run.