Host an Event at Smith River Sports Complex
SRSC COVID-19 Guidelines for Events
- Any athlete, coach or spectator presenting with any of the following symptoms will NOT be permitted to enter the facility
- Fever or Chills, Cough, Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing, muscle or body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, congestion or runny nose, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea, temperature of 100.4* or higher.
- Any athlete, coach or spectator who has come into close contact within two weeks with someone that has tested positive for COVID-19 AND/OR has come into close contact with someone with a pending COVID-19 test will not be permitted to enter the facility
- Face coverings (covering nose and mouth) must be worn by ALL personnel entering and leaving the facility.
- All event staff must wear cloth face coverings that covers nose and mouth and regularly sanitize their hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- All coaches and team personnel must wear cloth face coverings, that covers nose and mouth, at all times.
- When off of the field, officials should wear cloth face masks and continue to maintain 6 feet of distance from others.
- When interacting with other people in a public setting, off the field, all athletes should wear cloth face coverings and maintain appropriate social distancing.
- All spectators must wear cloth face masks that covers nose and mouth in public settings and maintain 6 feet of distance from one another.
- Coaches on sidelines should make sure no contact is occurring between athletes, coaches or officials off-field – whether during pre-game, mid-game, or post game (no huddles, handshakes, high-fives, fist bumps, etc…).
- Water coolers and water fountains will not be available on site. Concession will be available.
- Only one spectator per player will be permitted to enter the facility and pets are not allowed.
- Please arrive no more than 30 minutes prior to your match. Parents are asked to stay in car until just before game time to allow parents from previous match to exit the facility. Players may go join their team for pre-game warm-up. Parents that need to walk their athlete to the team are allowed to do so, but we ask you return to your car and do not congregate in courtyard or at the playing field. Please return to your car once the match has concluded.
- Please avoid any congregation in the courtyard area before, during or after games.
- Follow directional signage for entering and exiting the facility.
- No huddling, no handshakes and any coaching to the team will have athletes spaced six feet apart
- Ball must be sanitized before game, during halftime and after the game.
- Restroom door/entrances to remain open
- Within restrooms, every other restroom sink and toilet/urinal should be used to facilitate distancing.
- Parents sitting in bleachers should use every other row and maintain 6 ft. of distance between guests outside of your immediate family. Please sit on taped "X"s to maintain 6 ft. distance.
- All benches and railing inside the bleachers area will be disinfected between each round of games.
We ask that everyone be mindful of the COVID-19 guidelines so that we can run a safe and successful tournament!
We are located right on the VA/NC border and within a half a day's drive of more than half the East Coast Population. We are centrally located halfway between Roanoke, VA and Greensboro, NC. We are located within a 3 hours drive of; Richmond, Virginia Beach, Charlottesville, Raleigh, Charlotte, and others as well as 5 hours from Washington, D.C., Baltimore, MD, Lexington, KY, Nashville, TN, and Columbia, SC. Our facility is located right along route 58 which runs from east to west in the VA and close to route 220 which runs from north to south from VA down to SC. We have 2 airports within a 45 minute our drive of our facility.
We have 6 fields (2 field turf, & 3 Bermuda and 1 fescue) 5 have state of the art Musco lighting. Each one of our fields from sideline to sideline, baseline to baseline is 135 x 85 yards, with the grass fields being a bit larger. The Bermuda fields are fully irrigated and all of our fields have exceptional drainage and drain upwards of 10-12 inches of water per hour. This has allowed us to have never had a rained out event. We have stadium seating overlooking both field turf fields.
We have a legacy courtyard that includes full restrooms, full service concession stand, and a meeting room that has two private restrooms that is often used as a hospitality room for our events. We also have an open area with picnic tables as well as two picnic shelters. We have paved parking for 450 vehicles and overflow parking for another 600-800. Our playground is state of the art and offers families with little ones enjoying our events a place to pass the time and enjoy themselves.
We have numerous golf carts, tents, tables, chairs, coolers, a portable sound system, portable press box, wireless scoreboards on each championship field, and many more amenities.
We have hosted a number of tournaments and events of all sizes and have had participants & visitors from over 25 States and 18 countries. We have hosted 70 team youth soccer tournaments, NCAA events as well as the 2015 NJCAA Division 1 Men's Soccer National Championships. We have hosted soccer, lacrosse, field hockey, football, ultimate, flag football, cross country meets and other special events to rave reviews.
The SRSC staff is ready to assist you in planning your next event! Our staff will assist with booking hotels and attractions through our visitors center, organize proposals, arrange site visits, assist with publicity/promotion, provide informational materials for teams and visitors, add a free customizable tournament page within our website, provide volunteers and tailored services to meet your specific needs. During your event we can also assist in creating a hospitality area and help organize food and drinks for event staff.
For local tourism information please visit the Martinsville-Henry County Tourism website at www.VisitMartinsville.com
Smith River Sports Complex
1000 Irisburg Road
Axton, VA 24054