Tour De Scholar
Martinsville-Henry County Chamber of Commerce's Education Foundation holds their "Tour de Scholar" charity bike ride at the Smith River Sports Complex. All proceeds benefit local teachers, students and schools.
Some programs this bike ride has helped fund include:
- Operation: Porky Pig
- "Roll Out the Red Carpet" - 5th Grade Release Party
- School Garden
- Fieldtrip to Virginia Air & Space Center
- Beating the Odds
- Character Education Library
- "Staying Green" - Expands to Citizenship and Service
- Measuring the World Around Us
- Computer Usage Assistance for Students with Disabilities
- Climbing to Success at FCMS
- Exhibition and VMNH + WEE 3's = "Doodle Bugs"